Baby Crib Sheets Safety Issues
Baby crib sheets can be potentially unsafe for our babies. That is if they are not securely and properly fitted onto your
baby's crib mattress.
These might seem like minor details, but they are absolutely crucial in keeping your baby safe. The Consumer Product Safety Commission has reported the deaths of 17 babies who died as a result of suffocated by becoming entangled
in their crib sheets. That shows how important it is to use fitted sheets on your baby's crib mattress. But you also have to understand how to use them correctly.
Listed below is a summary of precautions that should be taken as advised by the CPSC to keep your baby safe:
- Crib sheets should fit very snugly on a crib mattress
- Sheets should overlap the mattress so that they won't be able to be pulled out at the corner
- Do not use a sheet for adults with your crib mattress (very dangerous)
- Use only a firm mattress in a crib that meets all the crib safety standards
- Make sure to place your baby on his/her back
- There should be no quilts, comforters, or pillows inside your baby's crib
We recommend the Basic Comfort Ultimate Crib Sheets
,available on Amazon.com. They are a bit pricy, but you can't put a price on your baby's safety.
If price is a really big issue, there are other options. You can't go wrong with the American Baby Company 100% Cotton Value Jersey Knit Porta-Crib Sheets. These sheets fit very snug, are extremely soft, and don't shrink in the wash.
Baby Crib Sheets to Baby Cribs