Baby Crib Assembly Instructions
Diligently following your baby crib assembly instructions is very important in order to
ensure your baby's safety.
- You read every step carefully
- You don't skip any steps (do not assume some steps are not necessary)
- All the screws and bolts are tightly fastened with the proper tools
- All the crib pieces are in excellent condition (if not, call for replacement parts)
- All the crib parts are included in the package
I also recommend that you call the manufacturer if you have any concerns or questions regarding your
baby crib. If you choose to stick with a reliable crib manufacturer such as Graco, you will be pleased with the customer service.
I remember making the mistake of assembling our Sorelle Crib in the living room, because there was more room to layout all the pieces. That was a mistake, as I had to lug it upstairs afterwards. In fact, I even managed to scratch it in a few places in the process. My suggestion is to assemble the crib in the nursery!
A few things to keep in mind:
- Register your baby crib - so that you will be contacted in case the crib is recalled in the future.
- Choose a quality firm crib mattress to go along with the crib - I personally prefer organic crib mattresses.
Once you have finished assembling your baby's crib, make sure it is level. Try shaking the crib to see if it wobbles or not. If not, you're all good.
You should examine the crib on a weekly basis. It only takes a few seconds to check for:
- Loose bolts
- Integrity of the slats
- Sharp edges
- Mattress support
My last piece of advice: Assemble the crib prior to your baby's arrival. This will give you time
to make sure that everything is working properly, and that the crib is ready for your baby to sleep on.
Baby Crib Assembly Instructions to Baby Cribs