Portable Crib Safety Tips
Here is a list of some things you should be aware of to keep your baby safe in a portable crib:
- The crib mattress should be firm enough for support
- The side mesh fabric should not have any tears or holes
- If the crib has one side folded down, do not leave your baby inside as this is a trap hazard
- All latches should be locked
- Screws and other hardware should never stick out
Now that your little one is safe, let's look at your safety. These type of cribs are usually designed to be very low to the ground, since they often function as a play yards as well. Well, don't worry, the tips listed below will help you save your back as you repeatedly lift your baby out of the crib:
- First thing, begin by getting down on your knees
- Gently slide or roll your baby towards you
- Sit your little one up
- Help your baby stand up
- Lift towards your chest and shoulder
- You can use the side for support with your other hand
- Stand up holding your baby while keeping your back straight
That said, I recommend the BABYBJÖRN Travel Crib Light. It is truly amazing. This crib is lightweight (only 11 lbs), easy to assemble, and to top it off, very comfortable.
The BABYBJÖRN Travel Crib Light is the perfect crib to take with you on trips. You can use the Travel Crib Light for newborns and up until your child is about three years old. You'll get your money's worth out of this one!
I did a lot of research to trying find a good quality portable baby crib for little Samantha.
My most important concern was to keep her safe when visiting the Grandparents or when traveling. I am proud to say, that I found a really great portable crib, and it works great
It is the BABYBJÖRN Travel Crib Light. Here is a list of some of the features that I really like:
- Weighs only 11 lbs.
- Available in blue or silver
- Very simple and quick setup
- Machine-washable bed fabrics
- Great for newborns until about 3 years of age
- Durable and strong
- Very stable and sturdy (won't tip over)
The last point about it being very stable and sturdy is very true. It is designed in such a way that it will not tip over. It is also firm enough, which is always my top concern. However, this portable crib is not cheap, but I think it's still a great investment. Especially if you want peace of mind at Grandpa and Grandma's house. We even use it downstairs for Samantha's naptime at home during the day. This crib is invaluable.
Portable Crib Safety Tips to Best Crib Mattress