Crib Mattress Pad Buying Tips
Why does your baby need a crib mattress pad? There are several reasons why I personally think mattress pads are an important component for your baby's nursery.
The major reasons include:
- Protect your mattress from small accidents and dust
- Provide warmth by insulating from the mattress itself
- Gives your baby a bit of a softer sleeping surface to sleep on
When I bought Samantha's first crib mattress, not only did I make a poor buying decision, but I also didn’t bother investing in a quality mattress pad. Both the mattress and the crib sheets were not waterproof. Well, I’m sure you know what happened next. Accident!
I learned quickly and the hard way from that mistake.
Here are a few more things you should keep in mind when buying a mattress pad:
- Make sure the mattress pad that you choose is not too puffy
- It should fit snugly around the mattress
- Contain quality straps or wraparound skirt to keep the pad in place
The two mattress pads that I recommend are manufactured by Sealy
, and Baby Luxe
Here are some reviews for the sealy crib mattress pad. I hope you find it helpful.
One of the most popular mattress pads is
a produced by Priva. It is extra soft and absorbs leaks quite well.
Another reliable mattress pad is the reversible quilted mattress pad by Continental.
There are a lot of crib mattresses out there that contain covers that are not very comfortable. A pad seems to solve that issue.
Listed below are the important features:
- Absorbs leaks very well, leaving the baby mattress dry and clean
- Very soft 100% cotton woven quilted surface
- Polyester fill
- Machine washable
- Elasticized skirt keeps the pad in place
- Snug fit
I believe one of the most important features to look for is whether the pad fits properly. Customer reviews indicate that a quality pad is not always 100% cotton. Sometimes the interior is composed of polyester, while the waterproof bottom layer is vinyl. If you are not looking for a pad made of organic fibers, then these Quilted Crib Mattress Pads
may be a reliable choice.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, it's more important to have a quality mattress and pad than it is to have a nice looking baby crib. Spend your money wisely.
Mattress Pad to Homepage